Nutritional Information of Beans
Carbs 28 g
Dietary Fiber 12 g
Sugar 16 g
Fat 1 g
Saturated — g
Polyunsaturated — g
Monounsaturated — g
Trans — g
Protein 14 g
Sodium — mg
Potassium — mg
Cholesterol — mg
Vitamin A — %
Vitamin C — %
Calcium — %
Iron — %
Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day
Beans Flour for Moi Moi
3 Cups of Beans flour
¼ Derica of fresh tomatoes
2 Scotch bonnet pepper
½ Cup of crayfish
2 Medium-size onions
1 Seasoning cube
2 Small pieces of ginger, garlic and tumeric
1 Cup corned beef
3 TBSP Vegetable oil
41/2 Cups of water
½ TSP Salt to taste
- Prepare aluminium foil envelops, set aside ground tomatoes, onions, scotch bonnet pepper, crayfish, ginger, garlic, tumeric all together in a blender.
- In a clean bowl, mix Grainfield Beans flour witth some warm water, add ground mixture, corned beef, seasoning cubes, and salt to taste. Mix well to eliminate lumps, add vegetable oil and stir well and add a little salt if need be.
- Fill up the cooking containers but not to the brim to avoid spillage.
- Place a pot over high beat with a little water, place a steamer rack in the pot, bring it to the boil and gently low your bowls of moi moi.
- Cover and cook for about 45 – 50 mins., top up water from time to time till it’s well cooked.
- When a skewer is inserted into the middle and it comes out dry without moi moi sticking on it, then your moi moi is ready.
- Serve with jollof rice or with any preference of yours.
Beans Flour for Akara
- Bean flour 2 cups heaped
- Hot water (not boiling) 2 cups leveled
- 1 tbsp Dry shombo
- 1/2 cube Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4tsp salt to taste
- 1 littre vegetable oil
- Mix the bean flour with warm water till it forms a thick paste
- Mix properly to avoid lumps
- Add the onion, dry pepper, salt and seasoning cube and mix thoroughly
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and heat it up
- When the oil is hot, use a deep round bottom spoon or 1/3rd measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the hot oil. Put as much as your pan can take
- Allow the akara to brown and float, and then turn for the other side to fry
- Take out the akara and put in a sieve or paper towel to allow oil to drain
- Serve with pap or any of your preference
Top of Form