It is fresh, no preservative, economically good, hygienically processed, ready for immediate use, fresh, clean. It is perfectly used as soup thickener· it adds an iconic flavor to your soups, · It gives meals the perfect tasty and fresh flavors
To reach out to us Click here
Achi is a common and excellent thickener used in preparing different native soups. Achi contains 15% crude fat, 9% protein, 4.5% ash, 56% carbohydrate, 2.9% crude fiber. It is a good alternative for cocoyam and offor. Because of its savoring taste which it gives to soups, you will agree with me that Achi does not only serve as a thickener, but also builds and nourishes the body also aids in metabolism. You really have to give it a trial.
- 1 KG of goat meat
- 1 KG of goat offal (assorted meat)
- 1 medium kpomo (cowhide)
- One medium size head stock fish/ fresh fish
- 1 medium smoked fish
- 3 tsp of ground cray fish
- 3 seasoning cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp of ground achi
- 1 handful of shredded oha
- A tsp of Ogiri (fermented melon seeds)
- 2 cooking spoons of palm oil
- 4 scotch bonnet or ground cayenne
- Salt to taste
- Ginger and garlic
METHOD OF PRPARING ACHI SOUP
- Wash assorted meat thoroughly with water and salt, and put in a medium size pot.
- Place it on a medium heat, add a pinch of salt, 1 seasoning cube, chopped onions, ginger and garlic and a little water, and then allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add washed stock fish, add 2 cups of water, 1 extra seasoning cube and allow to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add smoked fish, crayfish, pepper, ogiri (fermented melon seeds), and extra onions, mix properly and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add palm oil and stir and then taste, extra seasoning cubes maybe added if need be, allow to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the ground Achi gradually, stir and make sure you adjust the consistency by adding water if it’s too thick or by adding more thickener if the soup is a little bit watery. Let the soup simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add oha leaves and stir to combine and then leave to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Your soup is ready, put off and serve with Eba, Pounded yam or Fufu.
There are no reviews yet.