EFO RIRO SOUP RECIPE
I usually blanch my Spinach before I stir them in the sauce – I do this by adding the cut spinach in hot boiling water on high heat then I take it off the heat immediately it reaches its boiling point. I then pour the spinach in a sieve and I rinse it under the coldest water I can get from the tap a couple of times in order to stop the cooking process.
Remember to drain off water from the spinach to make the stew not to be watery.
Remember to drain off as much water as you can from the Spinach. (Excess water from the Spinach can cause your stew to be too watery)
I don’t always use Tomatoes in cooking my traditional stewed spinach. However, I see no reason why it can’t be added especially if you are making a lighter version of this stew.
It is advisable to blanch the spinach before adding it to the sauce. To achieve this, put the spinach in hot boiling water, allow to boil for 1-2 minutes, and then sieve and rinse in a cold water.
- 250g blanched spinach
- 5kg Assorted meat
- 1/3 cup palm oil
- 3 tbsp Cray fish
- 3 Large fresh red bell pepper
- 2 Scotch bonnet (blended)
- 1 medium size onions – diced
- 2 tbsp Locust bean (iru)
- ½ Shredded stock fish
- 3 tsp dried ground prawns
- Preheat the Palm oil – I like it hot but not bleached. Add the diced Onion and stir-fry till golden brown. Stir briefly t prevent it from burning.
- Add the blended peppers (check notes above for details) and fry until the Sauce thickens up.
- Season with the stock cube, add Salt to taste, Crayfish and locust bean. Stir until everything is well blended.
- Add the Meat, Stock fish, and dried Prawns and add some water or stock to thin out the sauce, then cover it up again and allow it to come to a simmer.
- Finally, add the Spinach and mix thoroughly. Then leave it to cook uncovered for about 2 to 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning if need be..
- Serve with the swallow of choice such as, Amala, Fufu or Rice, Yam … Enjoy!
Always visit here; www.grainfieldfoods.com for your hygienic fresh food stuffs.
There are no reviews yet.