Macaroni with stew or Jollof. Excellent Source of carbohydrate (Energy) Nigerian/ African Cuisine.
To reach out to us Click here
MACARONI JOLLOF RECIPE
It is a quick and easy dish to prepare. Most times the ingredients used to prepare it determines to a great extent how delicious the dish will turn out to be. The great thing about this dish is, you can add some kind of protein like chicken, turkey, sausage and minced meat to make more rich and delicious
AUTHUR; GRAINFIELD FOODS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine: Nigerian Cuisine Inspired
Servings: 4-5 Servings
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1big onion (2 tablespoons finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables*
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- chili powder
- 1 seasoning cube
- 250g of macaroni
- 1 cup of diced carrot
- 1 cup of chopped cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of chopped paprika pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- Put a pot with enough water to cover macaroni twice. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat. Add salt, then add macaroni.
- Be sure it is completely submerged, stir frequently to loosen the macaroni. Boil till al denteabout 11 minutes.
- Sieve the water out and retain 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Chop vegetables and set aside.
- Then in a small bowl mix tomato paste with a little of this cooking water to thin it down, set aside.
- Put oil in a dry pot and place over medium heat. When hot, add thyme and rosemary. Once it gets aromatic, which takes only seconds.
- Add onions and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes, add the vegetables and stir in the tomato paste. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved cooking water and seasoning cube.
- Boil to reduce.
- Add macaroni and stir till well coated. Cook for 1 minute and take off the heat.
- Then serve hot
Always visit here; www.grainfieldfoods.com for your hygienic fresh food stuffs.