It is de-stoned severally making it stone-free, chaff free, clean and ready for immediate use. It has a lot of nutritional and health benefits that accrue to its regular consumption. It can be cooked in less than 20 minutes compared to the unpolished rice. Ofada rice emits a unique aroma when cooking.
It is also self-preserving and one of the foods that add value to the lives of health-conscious people including those who are diabetics; It reduces breast cancer risk, risk of Gallstone and maintains normal body weight. It also prevents heart disease, constipation and lowers cholesterol. It prevents Colon Cancer and maintains a healthy nervous system.
To reach out to us Click here
OFADA RICE RECIPE
- 7 large bell peppers
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers
- 4 large red onions
- 2 lbs braised goat meat (braised with 1 red onion, 1 scotch bonnet pepper, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp bouillon)
- 80 grams cleaned smoked dried fish (about 0.17lbs)
- 20 grams smoked dried shrimp about (0.04 lbs)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsps bouillon
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Iru (fermented locust beans) (optional)
- Cut the peppers, and 2 red onion into small chunks, and blend roughly
- Boil the blended peppers on medium high heat till it reduces to a paste
- While the peppers are reducing, slice 2 red onions and set aside
- In separate pot, Sauté the sliced red onions in vegetable oil on medium heat till the onions turn slightly brown.
- Add in the cleaned smoked dried fish, the shrimp and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add in the reduced pepper paste, turn the heat down to low-medium, and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Add in the braised goat meat and the braising liquid and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, add in the iru and bouillon, stir, and continue cooking until the stew separates from the oil (this could take about 10 minutes).
- Serve with boiled Ofada rice or white rice
Always visit here; www.grainfieldfoods.com for your hygienic fresh food stuffs.
There are no reviews yet.