Grainfield Intestine is fresh, organic, highly nutritious, dirt free, hygienically processed, tastefully packaged, economically good and ready for immediate use. You need our assorted meat to prepare some wonderful Nigerian meals
To reach out to us Click here
OFE OWERRI RECIPE
Ofe Owerri is a native or traditional symbol of the Owerri people in the Eastern Nigeria and its environs. They are so proud of this rich and expensive soup. To make Ofe Owerri for your guests is a thing of pride, because it represents affluence and you are also judged by the quantity and quality of the ingredients used.
A thickened soup made with very finely shredded okazi vegetable, Ofe Owerri is a soup that is eaten up the same day, so no matter how much you spent, it all goes with that one pot of soup.
AUTHUR; GRAINFIELD FOODS
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 40 mins
- assorted meat
- stock fish
- dry fish
- 7 cups stock + water
- 3/4 cup cocoyam paste
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- 3 scotch bonnet (fresh pepper)
- 1/3 cup ground crayfish
- 3 seasoning cubes
- 10g ogiliisi
- 50g okazi
- 100g ugu (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE OFE OWERRI
- Prepare the snails using alum and plenty of water. Season with a little salt and boil till about half way done. Snail should not be boiled till soft and limp, it should still some bite to it.
- Boil cocoyam till soft, peel and pound to a paste, using mortar and pestle, food processor or blender. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of palm oil to the cocoyam while pounding.
- Pick, wash and shred ugu. Rinse out okazi and cut into shorter strands. Don’t pound or grind it like in
- Prepare meat and stock fish by washing with water, put in a pot with water, season with salt and seasoning cube, boil.
- Soak dry fish in boiling hot water for 2 minutes, drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Add dry fish, palm oil and pepper, to the boiling meat. Cook till meat is tender.
- Put the cocoyam paste, cook till the soup thickens, it is not supposed to be a very thick soup. At this point, the colour should change to a rich homogenous orange colour.
- Add crayfish, boiled snails and seasoning cube, stir, and taste and add salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, add okazi and ogiliisi.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add ugu, cook for 3 minutes and take off the heat.
- Serve with any ‘swallow’ of your choice.
Always visit here; www.grainfieldfoods.com for your hygienic fresh food stuffs.